July 16, 2020
Greetings Gridiron Family,
COVID-19 has impacted our lives on all levels, including youth sports. Some areas of the country have been hit hard, and others not as much, which can be attributed to several variables.
Fort Bend Gridiron Football is on target to start the season on time and as normal. We are taking into account the latest changes as each day and week nears the start of the season. We must prepare in our planning for obstacles that we may need to overcome to facilitate the start and completion of the season. This planning should include a potential change of start date, revised schedules, imposed restrictions, and safety precautions for all who are involved from players, coaches and fans.
The link for registration for the Fall season is here -> https://fortbendgridironfootball.sportssignup.com/login
We will follow the recommendations and/or restrictions by public health and medical experts along with USA Football, the U.I.L. and state and local government orders.
Everyone should stay tuned to the news, as every day we are learning new and important information that will inform our decisions. We should rely on as much relevant data as possible before making decisions.
Fort Bend Gridiron Football will continue to provide regular updates as we continue to gather reputable information.
We appreciate your support as we all continue to take the steps that we feel are most appropriate for our athletes, their families and communities during this time.
Rookie Flag (Ages 6 to 8)
JV Tackle (Ages 9 and 10)
Varsity Tackle (Ages 11 and 12)
Regular Registration Period: May 1st through August 23th
**Multiple-discounts will be applied at checkout in $20 increments.
All Tackle Divisions
Regular Registration: $195
What's Included: Practice Jersey, Game Day Jersey, Helmet Decals, GridIron T-shirt
***Look for more information soon on our alliances with local health organizations.***
Gridiron Board of Directors
Update: August 10, 2020
Greetings GridIron Football Family:
Fort Bend Gridiron Football will be playing football this Fall. We have been planning all Spring and Summer to play football this Fall, and that focus has not changed. In keeping with U.I.L. guidelines regarding practices and facility usage, and in an effort to reduce concerns some might have due to COVID-19, we are pushing back the start of our season a few weeks.
Practices will be permitted to start on September 8, 2020 in conjunction with the U.I.L. activity start dates for Conferences 5A-6A.
Games will start on September 26, 2020.
The annual mandatory coaches meeting will be August 26, 2020 at 7:00 pm (CDT). This meeting will be both in person and simulcast via video conference.
There are a couple of items to remember regarding the upcoming season:
- We have converted our Rookie Tackle division to Flag. We are accepting registrations for players aged 6-8. Please get the word out so that we can have a successful season.
- If we are forced by public health officials to shut down the season before the start of games, the league will guarantee a full refund, less a $50 fee to cover expenses already paid. WE DO NOT EXPECT THIS TO HAPPEN!
- We have regular communication with FBISD and LCISD and we have been given assurance our practices and games will be at their facilities this Fall. As long as the Governor/State does not shut down all youth sports in Texas, GridIron Football will be playing. So get ready and get your players registered! Please get the word out to increase registrants and participation so that we have a successful season!
- We understand that other youth tackle and flag football leagues in the area are no longer playing. We welcome those players into the GridIron Football Family for this year. If they choose to make GridIron Football their home permanently, we welcome that as well. Please make the new players and families feel welcome in our league. Our league's mission is to cultivate a community feel and have players play with their classmates until 7th grade. We are the only local youth football league that does this.
- As we get closer to the first practice, the league will be putting out concrete guidelines for coaches, teams, and families to follow to screen participants and spectators and to ensure social distancing during GridIron Football activities.
- As discussed previously on these pages, GridIron Football pledges to help subsidize the cost of registration for the Fall 2020 Tackle/Flag and Cheerleading season for players and cheerleaders. Please see the following link: http://fortbendgridironfootball.website.siplay.com/News/Id/51137
Let's all work together so all of these kids can have a safe and fun 2020 football and cheer season!
GridIron Football Board of Directors